- Score: VCU 4, Dartmouth 2
- Records: VCU (12-8), Dartmouth (11-4)
- Location: Thalhimer Tennis Center inside the HDL, Inc. Athletic Village – Richmond, Va.
- The Short Story: Alejandro Argente, Jean Baptiste Mateo and Wilder Pimentel each won their singles matches in straight sets to lead the VCU men's tennis team to a 4-2 victory over visiting Dartmouth College.
How It Happened
- VCU grabbed momentum early with a 8-1 doubles win for Heugas and Jones and a 8-5 decision for Voscek and Pimintel.
- Argente put the Rams on the board with their first point of the day on the singles court to push the lead to 2-0.
- After Dartmouth responded with a point of their own, Baptiste-Mateo picked up a 6-4, 6-3 victory at #4 singles, again giving VCU a two-point advantage.
- Dartmouth once again responded to make it a one-point lead, but Pimentel secured the win for the Rams after winning his #5 singles match 6-4, 6-4.
VCU 4, Dartmouth 2
1) Alexis Heugas (VCU) vs. Dovydas Sakinis (DC), 3-6, 7-5, 4-4 DNF
2) Alejandro Argente (VCU) def. Chris Kipouras (DC), 6-0, 6-4
3) Brandon DeBot (DC) def. Michal Voscek (VCU), 6-2, 6-4
4) Jean Baptiste-Mateo (VCU) def. George Wall (DC), 6-4, 6-3
5) Wilder Pimentel (VCU) def. Brendan Tannenbaum (DC), 6-4, 6-4
6) Diego Pedraza (DC) def. Vuk Velickovic (VCU), 6-2, 6-2
1) Alexis Heugas/Nick Jones (VCU) def. Dovydas Sakinis/Brandon DeBot (DC), 8-1
2) Michal Voscek/Wilder Pimentel (VCU) def. Diego Pedraza/Chris Kipouras (DC), 8-5
3) George Wall/Brendan Tannenbaum (DC) vs. Alejandro Argente/Jean-Baptiste Mateo (VCU), 8-5 DNF
- VCU rests for two days before taking on Norfolk State at home on Sunday. First serve at Thalhimer Tennis Center is set for 11 a.m.