- Score: Cornell 4, VCU 3
- Records: VCU (11-8), Cornell (8-4)
- Location: Thalhimer Tennis Center inside the HDL, Inc. Athletic Village – Richmond, Va.
- The Short Story: VCU won the doubles point and came within one point of winning the match, but ultimately dropped a tough 4-3 decision to Cornell on Saturday afternoon. Senior Alexis Heugas and freshman Jean Baptiste Mateo had singles victories on the day.
- Michal Voscek and Wilder Pimentel got the Rams started right with an 8-3 win at #2 doubles. Alejandro Argente and Mateo followed with a hard-fought 8-7 (7-3) win at #3 doubles to take the doubles point and give VCU a 1-0 lead.
- Cornell won the first two singles matches, but Heugas evened things up with a 6-4, 6-4 win over Sam Fleck at the top singles spot.
- Mateo brought the Black & Gold within a point of the overall victory with a 7-5, 6-4 win over Alex Sidney at #4 singles.
- Cornell battled back to take the final two singles matches, including a 7-3 tiebreaking victory in a three-set thriller at the #6 singles spot.
1) Alexis Heugas (VCU) def. Sam Fleck (CU), 6-4, 6-4
2) Stefan Vinti (CU) def. Nick Jones (VCU), 6-2, 6-4
3) Bernando Rosa Cesares (CU) def. Michal Voscek (VCU), 6-0, 6-1
4) Jean Baptiste Mateo (VCU) def. Alex Sidney (CU), 7-5, 6-4
5) Jason Luu (CU) def. Wilder Pimentel (VCU), 7-6 (7-0), 6-3
6) Chris Vrabel (CU) def. Vuk Velickovic (VCU), 6-1, 4-6, 6-6 (7-3)
1) Alexis Heugas/Nick Jones (VCU) vs. Sam Fleck/Chris Vrabel (CU), 7-7 DNF
2) Michal Voscek/Wilder Pimentel (VCU) def. Jason Luu/Colin Sinclair (CU), 8-3
3) Alejandro Argente/Jean-Baptiste Mateo (VCU) def. Alex Sidney/Berando Casares Rosa, 8-7 (7-3)
- VCU has a break until Wednesday, March 19 when Dartmouth visits Richmond. First serve at Thalhimer Tennis Center is set for 2 p.m.