HEUGAS, RAMS DOMINATE BINGHAMTON, 7-0
- Score: VCU 7, Binghamton 0
- Records: VCU (11-5), Binghamton (7-4)
- Location: Thalhimer Tennis Center inside the HDL, Inc. Athletic Village
- The Short Story: After battling the doubles point, Alexis Heugas and the VCU men's tennis team blistered their way through singles action en route to a 7-0 win over Binghamton on Friday afternoon. Heugas was one of four Rams to win in straight sets. It was VCU's third win in the past four matches and the Black & Gold have found themselves ranked in the top-30 in the latest ITA ratings.
- After the two squads split the first two doubles matches, freshman Wilder Pimentel and sophomore Michal Voscek locked in and battled their way to a 8-7 (7-3) win at #2 doubles to clinch the point and give VCU a 1-0 advantage.
- Heugas set the tone right away with a dominating 6-2, 6-3 win over Alexander Maisin to make it 2-0.
- Classmate Alejandro Argente followed suit with a 7-5, 6-4 win at #3 to bring the Black & Gold within one of the match point.
- Voscek locked up that match point for the Rams with a hard-fought, 6-4, 4-6, 6-1 win over Robin Lesage at #2 singles.
- Pimentel and classmates Jean-Baptiste Mateo and Vuk Velickovic made it a VCU sweep with wins at the last three singles position.
1) Alexis Heugas (VCU) def. Alexander Maisin (BING), 6-2, 6-3
2) Michal Voscek (VCU) def. Robin Lesage (BING), 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
3) Alejandro Argente (VCU) def. Ismael Dinia (BING), 7-5, 6-4
4) Jean-Baptiste Mateo (VCU) def. Sid Hazarika (BING), 6-7 (7-4), 7-6 (7-4), 10-5
5) Vuk Velickovic (VCU) def. Elliott Hureau (BING), 7-5, 7-6 (8-6)
6) Wilder Pimentel (VCU) def. Thomas Caputo (BING), 6-4, 6-2
1) Maisin/Nambi (BING) def. Heugas/Jones (VCU), 8-5
2) Pimentel/Voscek (VCU) def. Dinia/Hureau (BING), 8-7 (7-3)
3) Mateo/Argente (VCU) def. Lesage/Shah (BING), 8-4
- The Rams return to action on Sunday afternoon when they host 17th-ranked Duke. First serve at Thalhimer Tennis Center is set for 12 p.m.