- Score: #43 North Carolina 5, #31 VCU 2
- Records: UNC (3-0), VCU (4-1)
- Location: Thalhimer Tennis Center inside the HDL, Inc. Athletic Village – Richmond, Va.
- The Short Story: Senior Alejandro Argente and freshman Jean Baptiste Mateo moved to 5-0 in singles matches, but it wasn't enough as the VCU men's tennis team dropped a tough home decision to North Carolina, 5-2. It was the first loss of the spring for the Black & Gold.
- VCU had 5-4 leads in all three doubles matches, but the Tar Heels rallied to force tiebreakers in all three, eventually winning at #2 and #3 to take the doubles point and grab a 1-0 lead.
- After UNC pushed its lead to 2-0, Argente dropped Oystein Steiro in straight sets, 6-2, 6-4.
- However, the Tar Heels won three straight matches to seal the victory.
- Mateo clinched his fifth straight win of the spring with a come-from-behind, 3-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-5) win over Nelson Vick at the #5 spot.
1. Brett Clark /Brayden Schnur (UNC) vs. Alexis Heugas/Nick Jones (VCU), 5-5, Did Not Finish
2. #50 Oystein Steiro/Nelson Vick (UNC) d. Michal Voscek/Vuk Velickovic (VCU), 6-5 (7-2)
3. Jack Murray /Ronnie Schneider (UNC) d. Jean Baptiste Mateo/Alejandro Argente (VCU), 6-5 (7-4)
Order of match finish: (2,3, DNF)
1. Brayden Schnur (UNC) d. #78 Alexis Heugas (VCU), 6-4, 6-5 (7-4)
2. #17 Ronnie Schneider (UNC) d. Nick Jones (VCU), 6-3, 6-4
3. #36 Brett Clark (UNC) d. Michal Voscek (VCU), 6-3, 6-4
4. Alejandro Argente (VCU) d. Oystein Steiro (UNC), 6-2, 6-4
5. Jean Baptiste Mateo (VCU) d. Nelson Vick (UNC), 3-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-5)
6. Jack Murray (UNC) d. Vuk Velickovic (VCU), 8-2*
*No. 6 singles played as eight-game pro-set after UNC clinched match
Order of match finish: (2,4,3,1,6,5)