- Score: #25 VCU 6, Charlotte 1
- Records: VCU (15-4), Charlotte (10-6)
- Location: Thalhimer Tennis Center- Richmond, Va.
- The Short Story: After earning its first top-25 ranking in four years, VCU remained red hot by throttling Atlantic 10 foe, Charlotte, 6-1, on Friday afternoon. The Rams swept the doubles point and grabbed five straight singles victories to quickly wrap up their ninth victory in the past 10 matches.
How It Happened
- The Black & Gold grabbed control of the match right away with a sweep of doubles action, led by junior Alexis Heugas and Dylan McCloskey's 8-3 win at the top spot. Heugas and McCloskey are currently slated 20th in the latest ITA doubles rankings.
- Junior Alejandro Argente took home the first singles victory of the day with an easy 6-0, 6-0 win over Charlotte's Alex Calott at the third single spot.
- Heugas and McCloskey followed with singles wins of their own, which secure the win in VCU's favor.
- Seniors Jaime Vazquez and Max Wennakoski wrapped up the final points of the day for the Black & Gold with victories at the fifth and second singles spots, respectively.
#25 VCU 6, Charlotte 1
1) Heugas/McCloskey (VCU) def. Williams/Massalle Ferrer (CHAR), 8-3
2) Argente/Vazquez (VCU) def. Khalil/Kwasniewicz (CHAR), 8-5
3) Wennakoski/Voscek (VCU) def. Calott/Shanok (CHAR), 8-7 (7-3)
1) Alexis Heugas (VCU) def. Jack Williams (CHAR), 6-2, 6-3
2) Max Wennakoski (VCU) def. Jordi Massalle Ferrer (CHAR), 6-3, 6-1
3) Alejandro Argente (VCU) def. Alex Calot (CHAR), 6-0, 6-0
4) Kamil Khali (CHAR) def. Claes Goransson (VCU), 7-6 (7-4), 6-1
5) Jaime Vazquez (VCU) def. Krzysztof Kwasniewicz (CHAR), 6-1, 6-4
6) Dylan McCloskey (VCU) def. Nate Shanok (CHAR), 6-4, 6-1