Final Score: VCU 2, La Salle 0
Location: Philadelphia, Pa. (McCarthy Stadium)
Records: VCU (5-4-0) A-10 (1-0-0), La Salle (2-7-0) A-10 (0-1-0)
- Junior midfielders Siad Haji and Fortia Munts each recorded one goal.
- Haji, Munts, and senior midfielder Eli Lockaby registered one shot apiece.
- La Salle held a 6-3 edge in shots while VCU held a 3-1 edge in shots on goal.
- VCU tallied 13 fouls and one yellow card compared to La Salle's nine fouls and one red card.
- Sophomore keeper Mario Sequeira and La Salle keeper Cameron Keys each recorded one save.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Haji took a strike from deep to beat La Salle's keeper Cameron Keys to take an early lead of
1-0 a minute and a half into the match.
- La Salle posed a threat to the Rams' lead as they took three back-to-back shots but couldn't find the back of the net in the 12th minute of the match.
- Senior midfielder Eli Lockaby forced the first save of the match when his shot was saved by Keys in the 30th minute.
- In the 72nd minute, Munts scored his first goal of the season from a converted penalty kick to extend VCU's lead to 2-0.
- Sequeira registered a save in the 73rd minute to keep the Rams' lead at 2-0.
HEAD COACH DAVID GIFFARD
"I'm very proud of our professional performance tonight. For me, this is one of the toughest places in the country to go and get a result. The combination of the field, style of play, and toughness by La Salle makes getting a result here a real challenge. After giving so much to the game Wednesday night, this was an excellent result and display of mental toughness."
VCU returns home as it faces off in another conference match against Massachusetts on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 7 p.m.