Final Score: VCU 1, Coastal Carolina 0 (OT)
Location: Coastal Carolina Stadium (Conway, S.C.)
Records: VCU 2-3-0, Coastal Carolina 3-5-0
The Short Story: After 90 minutes of scoreless soccer on Sunday evening, Francesco Amorosino didn't waste any time sending the Black and Gold home with a win. In the 92nd minute, his goal would give the Rams a 1-0 win over the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers.
- Amorosino's goal would be his second of the season, his first since the Rams first game of the season.
- Amorosino notched a third of the Rams' shots in the game, having three shots on the game.
- Six Rams collected one shot apiece in the game, totaling up to the nine shots in the match.
- Goalie Mario Sequira earned his first shutout of his career, and his second win of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams and Chants each grabbed solid offensive opportunities through the first 25 minutes of play, as Amorosino and Santos each found multiple shots for the Black and Gold.
- Both teams fell into straight up play until the 45-minute mark, as each team wouldn't get a shot over the final 15 minutes of the half. The score would stand 0-0.
- Coastal Carolina opened up the second half strong, coming at the Rams with some offensive push. However, a shot by Travis Cooke would shift the play back even and get the ball rolling for the final 45 minutes.
- Siad Haji and Amorosino would collect back-to-back shots in the 64th minute, putting the pressure on the Chants defense.
- Luc Fatton would have a shot blocked in the 85th minute, and that would be the last chance by the Rams before the 90-minute mark. Things would stay 0-0 and would go to overtime.
- It wouldn't take long into overtime, as not even two minutes in, Amorosino would find the game winner. The play would be unassisted, and give the Rams their second win of the season.
VCU returns to the pitch this upcoming Saturday, September 30 as they hit the road to Wilmington, N.C. to take on the UNC Wilmington Seahawks. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.