If you've ever dreamed of taking the pitch for the VCU Men's Soccer team, this could be your chance.
The Rams will hold open tryouts on Tuesday, Feb. 21 from 7:30-8:30 a.m. at Bon Secours Redskins Training Center. Interested parties should be full-time VCU students in good academic standing. Transportation to the tryout will NOT be provided.
Players are required to email VCU Assistant Coach Matt Cannady (Cannadyme@vcu.edu) to express their interest in attending the tryout. Players seeking to try out are also required to fill out and return an athletics compliance form (linked above) at least 48 hours prior to the tryout. Those planning to attend will meet with an academic advisor, as well as a member of VCU's athletic training staff, to validate that they meet academic and physical requirements.
Walk on requirements: In order to try out, you must meet the following criteria:
- Registered as a full-time (at least 12 credit hours) degree-seeking student at VCU
- Meet NCAA's certification requirements
- Complete a physical prior to trying out (including a sickle cell screening)
- Players must complete and return both attached forms (compliance form and athletic training waiver).
- Provide proof of insurance.