RICHMOND, Va. – VCU Head Men's Soccer Coach Dave Giffard has announced the additions of forwards Rahim Costa-Dorsey and Joel Teston to the Rams' roster this fall.
Costa-Dorsey and Teston, who both played for McLean Academy in northern Virginia, join an already talented 2013 recruiting class, which also features Donovan Arias, Greg Boehme, Ray De Leon, Juan Fajardo, Michael Gaffary, Bobby Hopper, Jason McGlothern, Pablo Paz, Luka Vujanovic and Finnlay Wyatt.
The now 12-player group will look to continue the winning tradition Giffard has established during his short time at VCU. Under his direction, the Rams have posted three straight winning seasons, including an NCAA Tournament appearance as a national seed in 2012 for the first time in nearly a decade. VCU went on to post 12 victories last fall (its most since 2007) and finished ranked No. 25 in the final NSCAA poll.
Here's a look at Costa-Dorsey and Teston:
Rahim Costa-Dorsey (Forward)
- Member of McLean Academy along with incoming teammates Greg Boehme and Joel Teston
- Won 2013 Virginia AAA State Championship with Mount Vernon High School
- Moved to Virginia from Germany three years ago
- Member of German U-14 National Team Pool
- TopDrawerSoccer's #21 Player in Mid-Atlantic Region (4-star recruit)
Coach Giffard on Costa-Dorsey
"Rahim is a big, fast, and powerful goal scorer. I'm excited to see what he can develop into over the course of his career here at VCU. He has the physical tools and potential to be a special college player."
Joel Teston (Forward)
- Member of McLean Academy along with Greg Boehme and Rahim-Costa Dorsey
- Member of Region 1 and Region 2 ODP
- Teamed with Boehme to capture 2010 National ODP Championship
- U.S. U-14 National Team Pool
Coach Giffard on Teston
"Joel is an extremely intelligent front player whose movement off the ball is one of his biggest strengths. He was a player we were very high on early in the recruiting process and couldn't be happier that it worked out for him to attend VCU. In a possession-oriented team like ours, Joel's tools could allow him to become very successful."