|Who:||No. 19 VCU Rams (12-3-5) vs. Syracuse (13-6-0)|
|When:||Sunday, Nov. 18, 2012 - 7 p.m.|
|Where:||Richmond, Va. | Directions | Tickets|
|Stadium:||Sports Backers Stadium|
|Game Notes:||VCU | Syracuse | Atlantic 10|
|Social Media:||VCU Athletics Twitter | VCU Athletics Scores Twitter | VCU Athletics Facebook|
- The Rams received an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament are one of 16 teams to earn a national seed and first round bye.
- VCU, the 14-seed in this year's event, has been a national seed in each of its last three trips to the NCAA Tournament. The Rams were the No. 9 seed in 2003 and No. 16 seed in 2004, where VCU advanced to the regional final before falling to UC Santa Barbara.
- VCU is making its seventh NCAA College Cup appearance and its first under third-year Head Coach Dave Giffard.
- The Rams boast a 3-6 record all-time in the NCAA Tournament. The Black and Gold is 3-2 in its last two trips.
SCOUTING THE ORANGE
- Syracuse, which defeated Cornell 1-0 in the of the NCAA College Cup on Thursday, enters tonight's match 13-6-0. The 13 victories are its most since 1986.
- The victory against Cornell was the program's first NCAA College Cup win in school history.
- The Orange received an at-large bid after a 12-win campaign (the most since 1988). Syracuse advanced to the BIG EAST Quarterfinals and was one of a league record eight teams to qualify for the NCAA College Cup.
- Jordan Valle and Lars Muller are the top two point scorers for the Orange. Valle has eight goals and an assist for 17 points, while Muller has contributed six tallies and three assists for 17 points.
- Sunday's match marks the second meeting between the two programs. VCU defeated Syracuse 1-0 on Aug. 30, 2002.
- VCU has spent the last three weeks (four weeks overall) this season ranked in the National Soccer Coaches Association of America's Top 25 Poll.
- The Rams first entered the poll on Oct. 9 ranked No. 21, before moving up to No. 19 on Oct. 30.
- It's the second straight season VCU has spent at least two weeks ranked in the NSCAA poll.
- The Rams are currently ranked 14th in the NCAA's RPI.
- VCU has knocked off a trio of NSCAA Top 25 teams this season.
- The Rams' first victory came against then-No. 13 Charlotte 4-1 on Oct. 5. It marked VCU's first win over a ranked opponent since 2006, and was also Charlotte's worst loss since a 3-0 setback at Dayton on Oct. 30, 2009.
- VCU defeated then-No. 12 Xavier 4-1 on Oct. 26. The win snapped Xavier's school record 14-match unbeaten streak, and was the Musketeers' first loss since Nov. 17, 2011.
- On Nov. 9, VCU defeated then-18th ranked Charlotte for the second time this season in the semifinals of the A-10 Tournament.
CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN
- The Rams' 12 victories are the most under third-year Head Coach Dave Giffard and is VCU's highest single season total since 2007.
- Meanwhile, VCU's three losses are its fewest since the 1993 season.