Score: VCU 75, VMI 65
Location: Richmond, Va. (E.J. Wade Arena at the Stuart C. Siegel Center)
Records: VCU 8-5, VMI 5-6
Attendance: 7,637 (108th consecutive sellout)
- Tillman recorded his fourth double-double of the season, providing 19 points and a season-high 13 rebounds. Tillman has scored 19 or more points in seven straight games.
- Jenkins poured in 17 points, hitting 4-of-10 from 3-point range. Jenkins also dished out six assists.
- Senior guard Johnny Williams tied a career-high with nine assists to go with nine points on evening. Williams was perfect from the charity stripe, knocking down 5-of-5.
- The Keydets were led by sophomore Garrett Gilkeson's 12 points and three rebounds.
- VCU held the Keydets to 36 percent (22-of-62) shooting in the game, including 26 percent (7-of-27) in the first half on the way to a 39-21 lead.
- The Rams outscored the Keydets 36-20 in the paint.
- VCU led for 37:40 of the game's 40 minutes.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Tillman is averaging 22.6 points and 8.7 rebounds, while shooting .588 (57-of-97) from the floor in his last seven games.
- The Rams shot 27-of-57 (.473) from the floor.
- VCU recorded 21 assists on 27 field goals.
The Rams take a week off before returning to E.J. Wade Arena on Saturday, Jan. 3 to take on rival Fordham in their first Atlantic 10 conference action of the season. The 12:30 p.m. matchup will broadcast on NBC Sports Network.