WHAT: VCU at Dayton
WHERE: Dayton, Ohio (UD Arena)
WHEN: March 1, 8 p.m.
THE SERIES: VCU leads 7-3
LAST MEETING: VCU 73, Dayton 68 (1/27/17)
TV: CBS Sports Network (Tom McCarthy, Chris Walker, Jamie Erdahl)
RADIO: Fox Sports 910 AM & 98.5 FM (Robby Robinson & Mike Litos) l Listen
LIVE STATS: StatBroadcast
TWITTER: @VCUAthletics l @VCU_Hoops l @VCUscores l @VCUHorns
- For the second straight year, the Atlantic 10 Conference regular season title will be decided, in large part, by a late-season match-up between VCU and Dayton at UD Arena.
- Dayton outlasted VCU 68-67 in overtime at UD Arena in the final regular season game of the 2015-16 campaign. The victory earned Dayton a share of the A-10 regular season crown (with VCU and St. Bonaventure). VCU would've won the league outright with a win.
- VCU topped Dayton 73-68 on Jan. 27 at the E.J. Wade Arena. VCU junior forward Justin Tillman led the Rams with 18 points and nine rebounds in that contest. VCU outrebounded Dayton 41-24 that night.
- VCU leads the all-time series between these two schools 7-3. In addition to their battles for the A-10 regular season title the past two seasons, VCU topped the Flyers 71-65 in the 2015 Atlantic 10 Tournament Championship Game at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Additionally, VCU faced Dayton in its first A-10 game in 2013.
- With a win, VCU would control its own destiny for the No. 1 overall seed in the A-10 Tournament, as well as for the A-10 regular season crown. With a win, Dayton would clinch the title and the No. 1 seed outright.
- VCU is 42-6 in two seasons under Will Wade when it scores at least 70 points.