Mar 07, 2015
- Score: VCU 71, George Mason 60
- Records: VCU (22-9, 12-6), George Mason (9-21, 4-14)
- Location: Verizon Wireless Arena at the Stuart C. Siegel Center – Richmond, Va.
- Short Story: Seniors Treveon Graham and Jarred Guest powered the Rams to a 71-60 win over in-state rival George Mason in the regualar season finale for both teams. The duo combined for 31 points and 11 rebounds on the evening. HAVOC was out in full force, causing 24 Patriot turnovers en route to 19 steals on the night.
How It Happened
- VCU got off to a hot start as they took a 9-1 lead, capped by a 3-pointer from Graham with 16:48 to play in the first half.
- Mason got within three, 17-14, but a long ball from sophomore Melvin Johnson at the buzzer capped a 16-5 run to close the stanza and send VCU into the break with a 33-19 advantage.
- HAVOC was on full display in half, forcing 15 turnovers from Mason en route to 11 steals.
- Mason would chip away at the lead, getting as close as three, 47-44, with 7:54 to play in the game.
- A massive dunk by Mo Alie-Cox pushed VCU's lead to eight, 52-44, and the Rams wouldn't look back, thanks to 10-of-12 shooting from the charity stripe to seal the 71-60 victory.
Beyond the Box Score
- For the seventh time this year, VCU forced its opponents into more turnovers (24) than field goals (22).
- Graham became the third player in program history to reach 1,800 career points. He's currently third all-time with 1,803 for his career.
- Guest tallied a season-high in points (8) and rebounds (4)
- VCU will now await its seeding for next week's Atlantic 10 Tournament at the Barclays Center. The final seeding will be determind following tonight's Richmond-St. Louis game. Stay tuned to VCUathletics.com for bracket updates.