- Score: VCU 86, St. Bonaventure 67
- Records: VCU (24-7, 12-4), St. Bonaventure (16-14, 6-10)
- Location: Verizon Wireless Arena at the Stuart C. Siegel Center inside the HDL Athletic Village – Richmond, Va.
- The Short Story: The senior duo of Rob Brandenberg and Juvonte Reddic combined for 31 points and 16 rebounds as the VCU men's basketball rolled past St. Bonaventure, 86-67, to finish undefeated at home and lock up a first-round bye at next week's Atlantic 10 Tournament in Brooklyn, N.Y. Brandenberg finished with 18 points, while Reddic posted his 11th double-double of the year with 13 points, 14 rebounds and four steals. Junior Treveon Graham chipped in 18 points and five rebounds. With the win, VCU finished 15-0 at home, the first undefeated season in the Siegel Center's 15-year history.
How It Happened:
- Brandenberg got VCU off to a hot start with a pair of threes and a layup to give the Rams a 9-0 cushion.
- VCU extended their lead to double digits, 19-8, for the first time thanks to a deep three from Melvin Johnson.
- St. Bonaventure fought to dwindle the lead to six points with under seven minutes remaining in the first half, but the Rams responded with a 9-0 run capped off by a jump shot from Reddic.
- VCU closed the first half with a layup in transition from Graham and led 44-28 at the break.
- After the Bonnies cut the Rams' lead to single digits, Graham and Lewis hit mid-range shots to boost the lead back to 13 early in the second half.
- The lead was cut as low as six with 9:47 remaining in the second half, but baskets from Johnson and Brandenberg pushed the lead back to double digits, where it would remain the remainder of the game.
- With four and a half minutes left on the clock, Brandenberg took a lob from Graham and finished the alley-oop, giving VCU a 75-59 advantage.
- A 7-0 run in the final minutes helped push the lead over twenty points.
Beyond the Boxscore:
- Brandenberg and Reddic finish their careers 54-6 inside the Verizon Wireless Arena.
- For his career, the Rams are 45-3 when Brandenberg scored 11 or more points.
- VCU scored 31 points off 24 St. Bonaventure turnovers, which was a high in league play for the Black & Gold.
- The Rams had three players with four or more steals, none of which were named Briante Weber.
- Treveon Graham finished the regular season scoring in double-figures in 28 of VCU's 31 games.
- VCU has earned a bye in next week's Atlantic 10 Tournament. The Rams will either be the #2 or #3 seed. Stay tuned to VCUathletics.com for details once regular season play concludes tomorrow.