Year: Redshirt Freshman
Hometown: Middleburg, Va.
Previous School: Middleburg Academy
· Big, physical, low post body who possesses a 7-1 wingspan
· Praised for his ability to run the floor and provide a physical presence inside
· His game has been compared to likes of Charles Barkley and DeJuan Blair
|Did You Know?|
|One popular method used by VCU for measuring a player’s fitness is the “Parking Deck Mile”, in which a player runs to the top of VCU’s Bowe Street Parking Deck and back down, then down to Harrison Street and back, a distance said to be about a mile in total. The first time Alie-Cox ran the deck, his stopwatch read an unremarkable 8:40. However, this spring, Alie-Cox had shaved a full three minutes off the run.|
· Sat out 2012-13 season after being ruled a partial qualifier by the NCAA
· Earned Dean's List both semesters in 2012-13
· Recognized with the "Black History in the Making" Award from VCU's Criminal Justice program
PRIOR TO VCU:
· Listed as the No. 9 recruit in Virginia, according to Rivals.com.
· Averaged nearly 20 points and over 10 rebounds per game during his senior campaign at Middleburg and was named to the First-Team All-State squad.
· As a junior, he led his Middleburg Academy squad with 16 points, 12 rebounds and seven blocks per game. His outstanding play earned him First-Team All-State accolades.
· Drew interest on the recruiting circuit from Nevada, Delaware, George Washington and Wake Forest.
COACH SMART ON MO:
”Mo’s skill set is exceptional for a player of his size. His ability to rebound and score make him a terrific fit for our system.”