Just the facts
Full name: Adam Michael Ball
Born: June 1, 1994
Birthplace: Richmond, Va.
Parents: Matt and Kim Ball
Siblings: Brother, Matt Jr.
Major: Criminal Justice
- Advanced to the quarterfinals of the 113th U.S. Amateur Championship at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass. Along the way, he topped Max Orrin, the seventh-ranked amateur in the world 2 and 1 in the round of 32 of match play.
- Defeated Chris Kapsak 1-up to capture the Richmond Golf Association Amateur Championship at Willow Oaks Country Club.
- Enrolled at VCU in January of 2013, in time for the Spring Semester.
- Led the Rams in scoring average (73.53) in six spring tournaments.
- Placed second overall at the Pinehurst Intercollegiate and recorded three top-10 finishes overall.
- Fired a 3-under 67 in the second round at the Dell Walker Intercollegiate.
Prior to VCU
- Ranked as high as No. 2 nationally in the Golfweek U.S. Junior Rankings in 2011.
- Three-time Virginia Golf Association (VSGA) Junior Golfer of the Year.
- First four-time VSGA Junior Champion in history, including match and stroke play titles in 2012.
- Shot a tournament-record 63 in the final round of the 2012 VSGA Junior Stroke Play Championship on the way to a seven-stroke victory.
- In 2011, he won seven major tournaments and was runner-up at five others. Posted a 69.7 stroke average that year.
- Placed third at the 2011 U.S. Junior Amateur Match Play Championship and eighth in stroke play. Was also 17th in stroke play at the 2010 U.S. Juniors.
- Has twice carded 62 in competition.
Getting to know Adam Ball
- Chose VCU after receiving interest from NCAA Champion Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, USC, South Carolina, Wake Forest, Virginia, Virginia Tech and others.
- Grew up playing at First Tee in Chesterfield.
|ADAM BALL - CAREER STATISTICS|
|Year|| Starts|| Rounds|| Strokes|| Average|| Low Rd.|| Wins|| Top 5 ||Top 15|