Score: Bucknell 3, VCU 2
Location: Lewisburg, Pa.
Records: VCU (6-4, 3-0 A-10), Bucknell (6-4, 2-0 Patriot League)
Short Story: The Rams took an early 1-0 lead but three unanswered goals from Bucknell gave the Bison a 3-1 lead at halftime as they held off VCU late.
- Emily McNamara scored a goal and recorded a team-high four shots with three shots on goal.
- Janne Wetzel scored her first collegiate goal and took two total shots.
- Litiana Field recorded two assists. She now has a team-high six assists on the season.
- VCU outshot Bucknell 15-9 overall and 11-7 in shots on goal.
- Sasha Elliott made four saves in the cage.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the 7th minute as McNamara scored from the top of the arc after a penalty corner on a pass from Field.
- Bucknell tied the game 1-1 in the 18th minute as Lexi Quick scored on a penalty corner.
- Brittany Willwerth gave Bucknell a 2-1 lead just over two minutes later with an unassisted goal.
- The Bison made it 3-1 in the 33rd minute as Nicole Rupnik deflected in a shot,
- Wetzel brought the Rams within 3-2 after a goal in the 50th minute but VCU couldn't complete the comeback.
VCU hosts Rider on Oct. 3 at 11 a.m. at Cary Street Field.