Score: VCU 2, Bryant 1
Location: Lowell, Mass. (Wicked Blue Field)
Records: VCU (1-1), Bryant (0-2)
Short Story: Emily van Hijfte scored just before halftime and Emily McNamara added another shortly after the break to lead VCU to its first victory of the season.
- McNamara scored one goal and recorded four total shot attempts.
- Van Hijfte scored her goal on her lone shot attempt on the day.
- Litiana Field recorded a team-high seven shots including five shots on goal.
- VCU outshot Bryant 17-1 overall including 11-1 in shots on goal.
- The Rams also held a 7-1 advantage in penalty corners.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 16th minute Field's shot forced a save from Marijn Jaarsma.
- The Rams had a penalty corner in the 19th minute but McNamara's effort was also saved.
- Van Hijfte scored in the 34th minute on a reverse chip shot that she sent high into the cage and past the goalkeeper.
- The Rams held a 1-0 lead over Bryant at halftime.
- McNamara doubled the VCU lead in the 38th minute as she collected a rebounded effort and was able to tap it into the goal.
- Bryant scored in the 55th minute on its only shot attempt of the game. The Bulldogs' Leyna Dimarco scored on a penalty corner.
VCU hosts American at 1 p.m. on Aug. 2 in its home opener.
PLEDGE FOR A WIN
This season, you can pledge to give for every VCU win across all teams. It's only three easy steps to help us get stronger after every win. Go to www.pledgeforawin.com to learn more and donate. All donations go to the Ram Athletic Fund.