Score: VCU 7, La Salle 0
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU (12-5, 5-2 A-10), La Salle (8-7, 3-5 A-10)
Short Story: After holding a 1-0 lead through the game's first 20 minutes, VCU scored four goals in less than 10 minutes to take a 5-0 lead at halftime and cruise to a shutout victory over the Explorers. With the win, the Rams are guaranteed a top four finish in the Atlantic 10 regular season standings and a bid to the Atlantic 10 tournament.
- McNamara had her second consecutive game with a hat trick while also adding an assist.
- Jamee Albright scored two goals and added an assist.
- Spencer Tossone had a goal and an assist.
- Svea Sturm scored a goal and had three shots overall.
- Natalie Bohmke recorded an assist during the game.
- Chessa Kownurko and the Rams' defense posted their fourth shutout victory of the season.
- Kownurko made three saves during the contest.
- VCU outshot La Salle 18-8 overall and 10-3 in shots on goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU's McNamara scored the opening goal in the 11th minute after an initial pass took a deflection and fell to her stick and she scored to make it 1-0.
- McNamara scored her second goal of the game in the 21st minute off a penalty corner with assists to Tossone and Bohmke.
- Albright would score to make it 3-0 1:06 later with an assist from McNamara. She added her second goal of the day in the 25th minute as her shot to the back post beat the goalkeeper and gave VCU a 4-0 lead.
- The Rams took a 5-0 advantage into the break after Tossone scored into an open goal after La Salle's goalkeeper had made an initial save on the previous shot attempt.
- McNamara completed her second straight hat trick in the 48th minute after Albright's pass found her point blank in front of the goal and made it 6-0.
- VCU capped off the scoring in the 70th minute as Sturm dribble the ball down the sideline before cutting across and beating the goalkeeper.
VCU will close regular season A-10 conference play at Saint Louis at 4 p.m. on Oct. 27.