Score: No. 21 Saint Joseph's 4, VCU 0
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU 8-2 (2-1 A-10), Saint Joseph's 9-2 (2-1 A-10)
Short Story: The Rams outshot the No. 21 Hawks 25-11 overall but were unable to capitalize on their chances as Saint Joseph's ended their six-game win streak.
- VCU led in penalty corners 14-4 for the match.
- The Rams led in shots on goal 16-8.
- Emily McNamara had a game-high 12 shots including six on target.
- Alaina Madeline had five total shots including two on goal.
- Maite Sturm with three shots total and all on goal.
- Saint Joseph's goalkeeper Victoria Kammerinke made 15 saves during the game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jamee Albright had a breakaway in the 6th minute but her effort was thwarted by Kammerinke.
- McNamara was able to collect the ball off the clearance but her shot was also saved.
- Saint Joseph's opened the scoring in the 26th minute as Emily Henry scored off a pass at the far post to take 1-0.
- The Hawks' Anna Willocks had a shot that initially hit off Kownurko's foot before finding its way into the goal to make it 2-0 in the 34th minute.
- The Rams' Spencer Tossone had three consecutive shots saved just before the break and Saint Joseph's took a 2-0 lead into halftime.
- The Hawks went up 3-0 after Quinn Maguire tipped in a shot from Kathrin Bentz.
- Maguire added to her tally in the 59th minute as Saint Joseph's took a 4-0 lead.
- McNamara had three more shot attempts before the game was over but the Rams were unable to find the back of the net.
VCU hosts Appalachian State at 1 p.m. on Oct. 1 at Cary Street Field.