Score: VCU 2, Ohio 1
Location: Athens, Ohio (Pruitt Field)
Records: VCU 4-1, Ohio 1-5
Short Story: VCU dominated possession in the first half but clung to a 1-0 leader at the break before Ohio tied the game 1-1 just two minutes into the second half. The Rams were able to score the game-winner in the 60th minute as Colleen Rogers' goal sealed the 2-1 win.
- Emily McNamara scored a goal for VCU.
- Natalie Bohmke and Spencer Tossone each recorded an assist.
- Rogers' scored one goal, her first of the 2017 season.
- VCU outshot Ohio 7-1 in the first half and and 11-3 for the game.
- The Rams held a 7-1 advantage in shots on goal.
- Kendall Ballard scored the lone goal for the Bobcats.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU's first real scoring chance of the game came in the 10th minute as McNamara's shot off a penalty corner forced a save from Alex Pennington.
- The Rams earned three consecutive penalty corners and finally broke the scoreless deadlock in the 30th minute on their third attempt. Tossone fed in a penalty corner for Bohmke to stick-stop for McNamara as she scored.
- VCU held a 1-0 lead at halftime despite outshooting Ohio 7-1 in the half.
- The Bobcats tied the game at 1-1 on a penalty stroke goal from Ballard in the 38th minute.
- Colleen Rogers scored the game-winner in the 60th minute unassisted to give VCU the 2-1 victory.
VCU opens Atlantic 10 Conference play at rival Richmond on Friday.