Final Score: VCU 5, Saint Louis 1
Location: Cary Street Field (Richmond, Va.)
Records: VCU 6-11 (2-6), Saint Louis 2-13, (0-7)
The Short Story: After Saint Louis opened the scoring, the Rams scored the final five goals and cruise to a 5-1 victory behind Emily McNamara's three goals and an assist.
- McNamara scored three goals and had an assist.
- Spencer Tossone had two assists.
- McKenzie Bowler and Jamee Albright also scored for the Rams.
- VCU outshot Saint Louis 32-12 and 13-5 in shots on goal.
- Chessa Kownurko made six saves on seven shots she faced.
- The Rams had a decisive 14-3 edge in penalty corners.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Saint Louis opened the scoring in the 14th minute as Katie Moss pass to Molly Fied who deflected the shot in from close range.
- The Rams scored to tie the game at 1-1 in the 18th minute after a ball played into the circle was controlled by McNamara who fed it to Albright who was waiting on the back post to finish.
- VCU jumped on the Billikens in the second half and took the lead for good in the 37th minute off a Tossone assist.
- McNamara would score again to make it 3-1 just two minutes later as McNamara used her speed to blow past the Saint Louis defense and beat the keeper.
- McNamara made it a hat trick in the 65th minute on another Tossone assist, this time finishing from close range.
- VCU closed out the scoring in the 69th minute as Bowler collected the ball of the goalkeeper, made a nifty move to her left and scored on the open net.
VCU hosts Missouri State on Oct. 30 for Senior Day at Cary Street Field at noon.