Final Score: Saint Francis 6, VCU 1
Location: DeGol Field (Loretto, Pa.)
Records: VCU 5-9 (1-5), Saint Francis (9-7, 2-4)
The Short Story: Playing their third game in five days and riding a two-game winning streak, the Rams were only outshot 12-11 overall but couldn't overcome a quick start by the Red Flash. Saint Francis took a 3-0 lead 22 minutes into the contest with two of the goals coming off penalty corners.
- Lauren Kaup scored a goal for VCU.
- Emily McNamara had an assist to go along with a team-high six shots with three of them on goal.
- Rebecca Ward had two shots while Alexis Albright, Hannah Tammaro and Kaup each had one shot.
- Chessa Kownurko made four saves in the cage.
- VCU held an 8-3 advantage in penalty corners.
- The Red Flash had a slight 12-11 edge in total shots and a 10-6 advantage in shots on goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Saint Francis scored first as Brianna Govia scored in the 4th minute.
- The Red Flash went up 2-0 as Carly Gromel scored off a penalty corner.
- The Rams had their first opportunity in the 14th minute as Spencer Tossone fed a penalty corner that resulted in McNamara's shot being saved.
- Saint Francis again scored off a penalty corner to go up 3-0 in the 22nd minute as Brae Seabrook scored.
- McNamara had another shot in the 29th minute that forced another save.
- The Rams cut the deficit to 3-1 in the 30th minute as Kaup scored off a chip pass from McNamara that Kaup tipped into the goal.
- The Red Flash made it 4-1 just before halftime on a Hannah Retherford goal.
- Saint Francis scored after the break in the 41st minute and the 69th for the final margin.
VCU will return home and face Richmond at 5 p.m. on Oct. 21st.