Final Score: La Salle 3, VCU 1
Location: DeVincent Field (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Records: VCU 3-6 (1-2), La Salle 5-5 (3-1)
The Short Story: Despite VCU having an 8-5 edge in shots, the Explorers scored just before halftime and added two more goals out of the break to take a 3-0 lead. The Rams got a goal back in the 57th minute and had three late penalty corners but were unable to close the deficit.
- Bowler scored the goal for VCU in the 57th minute unassisted.
- The Rams had the 8-5 edge in total shots and were even with La Salle 5-5 in shots on goal
- VCU had a decisive 8-1 edge in penalty corners for the game
- Chessa Kownurko made two saves for VCU, both in the first half
- Bowler led the team with four total shots with three shots on frame
- Emily McNamara had two shots while Jordan Lally and Lauren Kaup each had one shot on goal
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU got an early penalty corner opportunity just two minutes into the game but McNamara's shot was blocked.
- In the 11th minute, the Rams came close to opening the scoring as McNamara's shot hit off the post and back out on a penalty corner.
- Kaup had a shot in the 19th minute that forced a save from Rachel Hartman.
- La Salle scored first in the 29th minute as Logan Oh got the goal with an assist from from April Stein.
- The Explorers took a 1-0 lead into halftime.
- Megan Kida scored for La Salle in the 43rd minute and Devin Muracco added the final goal less than a minute later.
- McKenzie Bowler scored for VCU in the 57th minute.
VCU will face Saint Joseph's at noon on Oct. 2.