Final Score: Lock Haven 2, VCU 1
Location: Cary Street Field (Richmond, Va.)
Records: VCU 3-4 (1-1), Lock Haven 4-3 (1-1)
The Short Story: Lock Haven got two first half goals to take a 2-1 lead as the Bald Eagles were able to hold off VCU for a 2-1 victory.
- VCU got a goal from Jamee Albright, her second of the season, on an assist from Emily McNamara.
- Lock Haven outshot VCU 19-8 overall with a 13-3 edge in shots on goal.
- McNamara led VCU with five total shots including a shot on goal.
- Albright was second on the team with three total shots and two shots on frame, including her goal.
- Chessa Kownurko made a season-high 11 saves in the cage for the Rams.
- Lock Haven led in penalty corners 7-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lock Haven opened up the scoring as Lydia George scored on a one-on-one situation with the goalie in the 18th minute.
- The Bald Eagles doubled their lead just over three minutes later as Michelle Enck scored off a George assist.
- VCU answered just over a minute later as McNamara fed the ball across to Albright who was able to tap it in for the goal.
- Both teams were in for a battle as neither side was able to score again before the end of regulation.
- VCU did create some chances during the second half as an Albright shot in the 56th minute forced a Lock Haven save by Paige Stuppy.
- In the 66th minute a shot by Albright went wide right of the cage.
VCU will host James Madison on Sept. 25 at 1 p.m. at Cary Street Field