Nov 01, 2015
- Score: VCU 1, Lock Haven 0
- Records: VCU (6-12, 3-5 A-10), Lock Haven (15-5, 3-5 A-10)
- Location: LHU Field Hockey Complex – Lock Haven, Pa.
- The Short Story: In the final game of the season, senior goalkeeper Kendall Clifton finished her career on a high note, leading the VCU Field Hockey team to a 1-0 road win at Lock Haven on Sunday afternoon. Freshman Emily McNamara concluded her first season with her team-leading ninth goal of the season.
How It Happened
- The Rams came out aggressive from the start, firing off three shots in the first five minutes of the game, but all were denied, as the game remained scoreless.
- Clifton then went to work, tallying two saves in the next 10 minutes to keep the game at 0-0.
- In the 23rd minute, McNamara powered home a shot off a corner, thanks to assists from McKenzie Bowler and Natalie Bohmke, to give VCU the 1-0 lead.
- The Rams would hold strong, stifling any attack by the Bald Eagles, limiting them to just four shots on goal for the entire game.
- Clifton was tested one more time, in the final five minutes, but once again, came up with the save to preserve the season-ending victory.
- "Getting a win today was a positive note in a tough season for our team. I'm proud of the way we were able to hold onto the lead today even when Lock Haven continued pushing in the second half. To honor the seniors in their last game with a win is a great way to close out their careers with our program. We will miss them next year and can't wait to see them succeed off the field!" - Head Coach Laura Baker
- "Through out my career I have strived to play for my team and today my team has given that back to me. I will miss playing behind my 21 best friends. It was such a fun game with an awesome result to finish my career with." - Kendall Clifton