Score: Michigan 6, VCU 0
Records: VCU (1-4), Michigan (4-2)
Location: Ocker Field – Ann Arbor, Mich.
Short Story: VCU fell to Michigan 9-1 on Sunday. The Wolverines started strong taking a 6-0 lead at the half. Nicola Breeman scored the lone goal for VCU in the 59th minute.
How It Happened
- Michigan started strong with two goals in the first 10 minutes.
- The Wolverines added four to head into halftime with a 6-0 lead.
- Nicola Breeman scored in the 59th minute.
- Michigan scored three more goals to close out the game and take a 9-1 win.
- "Today's game was a game of two halves for us," said head coach Laura Baker. "We played timid in the first half and let Michigan come straight at us. At half time we changed some things and did a much better job at controlling our play. This game showed the intensity that we have to step up to, to play against the top teams in the country."
The Rams return home on Friday (Sept. 19) to host Richmond. The game is set for 5:00 p.m.