Final Score: William & Mary 7, VCU 3
Location: Richmond, Va. (The Diamond)
Records: VCU 14-6, W&M 14-4
The Short Story: VCU fell to UCF 7-3 in their return to the Diamond on Tuesday night. The loss marked the first time all season the Rams have lost back-to-back games.
- Zac Ching led the way for the Rams offensively, posting two hits, one run scored, and one RBI
- Brett Norwood added two hits in five at-bats to go along with one RBI vs William & Mary
- Hogan Brown and Josh Simon combined to post two hits and two runs scored for the Rams
- The Rams bullpen totals eleven strikeouts on Tuesday
HOW IT HAPPENED
- William & Mary recorded the fix few runs of the game after Wrighte, McDermott, Hogarth, Thomas, Socher, and Smith scored to put the Tribe up 6-0 in the top of the second.
- VCU scored their first run of the game in the bottom of the third after Ching's RBI single to third drove Simon home to trim W&M's lead to 6-1.
- The Tribe extended their lead to 7-1 in the top of the fourth on Smith's RBI double that scored Hart.
- The Rams cut William & Mary's lead to 7-3 in the bottom of the fifth on scores by Brown and Ching. Norwood was credited with an RBI after he singled to third base on the play.
- VCU's defense held the Tribe scoreless in the fifth through ninth innings to keep the score within striking distance, but were unable to capitalize on the offensive end.
VCU will be back in action tomorrow, March 20, for a mid-week game with Towson. That matchup is slated for 6:30 p.m., at The Diamond in Richmond, Va.