Hometown: Scranton, Pa.
Previous School: Valley View (Lackawanna JC)
|LOGAN KANUIK - CAREER STATISTICS|
|Year||ERA||W-L ||APP. ||GS ||CG ||SHO ||SV ||IP ||H ||R ||ER ||BB ||SO ||OPP AVG. ||WP ||HBP|
|5.35||4-2||25||2||0||0/1||1||65.2||64||42||39||38 ||47 ||.263 ||2||13|
WHILE WITH THE RAMS
- Made 18 appearances out of the bullpen and started against No. 1 UVa on May 13.
- Didn't allow an earned run in his first five appearances, in those 7.1 innings Kanuik gave up five hits while striking out 12 batters.
- Earned a win in his first appearance of the season against Old Dominion on Feb. 15. The southpaw posted a scoreless frame, while striking out one Monarch.
- Picked up his first career save against ECU on Feb. 25, in 2.1 innings of work.
- Made 25 appearances with two starts in his first season with the Black and Gold in 2013.
- Finished the season 4-2, with a 5.35 ERA, tossing 65.2 innings and striking out 47.
- Recorded his VCU debut and win against Saint Joseph's on Feb. 23 allowing only one hit, while striking out six.
- Tossed a career-high 7.2 innings of relief against VMI on April 17, earning the win allowing two runs on four hits with six strikeouts.
- Made his first career start against Temple on April 14, tossing 6.2 innings allowing two runs on four hits.
PRIOR TO VCU
LACKAWANNA JUNIOR COLLEGE
- Helped lead Lackawanna to back-to-back Region 19 Championships, including a trip to the World Series in 2012
- Was a Top 10 Player of the Year in 2012 as well as being named to the All-Region team
- Made 12 appearances for the Falcons and threw 55 innings.
- Finished the season with a 3.07 ERA , struck out 59 batters, and had a 7-1 record.
- Played four years of baseball at Valley View High School in Scranton, Pa.
- Helped lead the Cougars to three Conference Championships
- Named to the All-Region team after going a perfect 7-0 with a 1.23 ERA and 77 strike outs as a senior
- Son of Douglas and Renee Kanuik
- Born on Dec. 13, 1991
- Majoring in Business at VCU
- Has one brother, Chris (30)
Coach Keyes on Kanuik
"Logan is a versatile left-handed pitcher, who we have seen up to 88 mph. His outstanding changeup and breaking ball will make him very valuable in a relief role this year, or as a starting pitcher."