|High School:||Dr. Phillips|
|WALKER HAYMAKER - CAREER STATISTICS|
|Year||GP-GS||Avg. ||AB ||R ||H ||2B ||3B ||HR ||RBI ||TB ||SLG. % ||BB ||HBP ||SO ||SB-ATT ||FLD. %|
|40||2||6||1||0||0||3||7||.175||2 ||0 ||12 ||0-0||.938|
- A sturdy defensive catcher, who continues to develop offensively
WHILE WITH THE RAMS
- Appeared in seven games as a reserve for the Rams.
- Collected his only hit at No. 1 Virginia on May 13.
- Appeared in 24 games, making 12 starts for VCU in his freshman season.
- Finished the season 6-for-40 with a double and three RBIs.
- Notched his first collegiate hit against Atlantic 10 foe Charlotte on Mach 30, going 2-for-3 with two RBIs.
- Drove in a run in the Rams win at VMI on April 17.
- Finished 1-for-2 with a run scored and a double against No. 7 Virginia on May 14.
- Riding a three-game hitting streak into the 2014 season.
PRIOR TO VCU
- Played baseball and football at Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, Fla.
- Helped lead his team to the District Championship as a senior
- Was named to the All-District and All-County teams for three consecutive years
- As junior tied Johnny Damon’s doubles record (17) at Dr. Phillips
- Also a scholar-athlete and was named to the National English Honors Society as a senior
- Played his club ball for the Orlando Scorpions and FTB Mizuno
- Son of Gideon and Teressa Haymaker
- Born on April 2, 1994
- Majoring in Finance at VCU
- His dad, Gideon, played football at the University of Georgia
- Has three sisters: Kiki (23), Ali (21), and Lizzy (19), and a brother August (12)
Coach Keyes on Haymaker:
"Walker comes to us from Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, which has a great baseball tradition. He also has played for one of the best summer travel teams in the nation where he has caught some of the top picks in the draft. From a receiving and catching stand point he has a real knack for leading and handling a pitching staff. He also is very good offensive player, who has the approach at the plate and power to hit in the middle of our lineup early in his career."