2 Bill Cullen
|Hometown:||Colonial Heights, Va.|
|High School:||Thomas Dale|
|BILL CULLEN - CAREER STATISTICS|
|Year||GP-GS||Avg. ||AB ||R ||H ||2B ||3B ||HR ||RBI ||TB ||SLG. % ||BB ||HBP ||SO ||SB-ATT ||FLD. %|
|259||62||90||25||9||5||40||148||.571||24 ||5 ||47 ||11-17||.987|
- Speedy outfielder that will anchor down the centerfield position
- A mainstay at the top of the Rams lineup
WHILE WITH THE RAMS
- Named to the Altantic 10 All-Tournament after posting a .333 average with seven hits, two doubles and two RBI.
- Cullen recorded three multiple hit games in the Atlantic 10 Tournament.
- Hit a two-run homerun in the ninth to cap off a 14-9 comback win over UNCW on March 9
- On March 12, Cullen totaled five RBIs in the Rams 21-14 win at Virgina Tech.
- Started 50 games for the Rams in his junior campaign.
- Finshed the season with a .284 batting average, with 56 hits, 11 doubles, a triple, three homeruns, and 18 RBI.
- Collected 16 multi-hit games.
- Led off back-to-back games with homeruns against UNC Asheville and the Citadel on March 1-2.
- Went 3-for-4 with an RBI and a runs scored against Pittsburgh on March 3.
- Had a career-high five RBIs, including a grand-slam homerun against Wagner on March 11.
- Went 3-for-4 with a double and a run scored against in-state rival Virginia Tech on April 2.
- Finished 2-for-4 with two doubles, an RBI, and a run scored in a conference win against George Washington on May 12.
- Picked up third team All-CAA honors
- Played and started in all 59 games
- Batted .347, hit 25 doubles, nine triples, five home runs and 40 RBI
- Finished the regular season tied for the lead nationally in triples (nine)
- Garnered second team All-CAA honors and named to the All-Rookie team
- Earned Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American honors
- Appeared in 53 games and notched 51 starts
- Batted .324, with 12 doubles and 33 RBI
- Finished the season with a .991 fielding percentage with 114 putouts and one assist
- Graduated from nearby Thomas Dale High School
- Was a four year starter for the Knights
- Helped lead Thomas Dale to the District title during freshman and sophomore seasons
- As a senior, was a First Team All-District outfielder and Second Team All-District pitcher; also garnered Second Team All-Region recognition in the outfield
- Was a member of the Central Region All-Academic Team as a sophomore, junior and senior
- Played for Colonial Heights Post 284 Bucs American Legion team
- Son of William and Myong Cullen
- Born March 26, 1992
- Majoring in Business at VCU
- Has two older sisters, Shannon (20) and Colleen (23)