1 James Bunn
|High School:||The Pennington School|
|JAMES BUNN - CAREER STATISTICS|
|Year||GP-GS||Avg. ||AB ||R ||H ||2B ||3B ||HR ||RBI ||TB ||SLG. % ||BB ||HBP ||SO ||SB-ATT ||FLD. %|
|203||36||52||7||0||0||14||59||.291||22 ||5 ||28 ||9-12||.990|
- Solid left fielder with a good feel for the position and above average range
- Speedy top of the lineup hitter, who can also hit for extra bases
WHILE WITH THE RAMS
- Named Atlantic 10 Player of the Week on Feb. 24 after batting .421 during the Rams 4-1 week.
- Went 4-for-5 in the Rams come from behind win over Furman on Feb. 22
- Recorded three hits in four out of five games played from March 8 to March 22.
- Posted his first multiple RBI game on March 1, in game two of VCU's doubleheader with Temple.
- Scored the second most runs on the team (44)
- Racked up six hits in the Atlantic 10 tournament, scoring three runs and going 2-for-2 in stolen base attempts. The left fielder also made two highlight reel plays defensively in the Atlantic 10 Championship game against George Mason.
- Gave the Rams quality at-bats in the one, two and six spots in the order during the season.
- Played in 53 games, making 51 starts for VCU as a freshman.
- Finished the season hitting .256 with 52 hits, seven doubles, 14 RBIs and 36 runs scored.
- Named to the Atlantic 10 All-Rookie team following the season.
- Made his collegiate debut in the season opener against Boston College, going 2-for-3 with a double and RBI. Also recorded an outfield assists, cutting down a go ahead run in the bottom of the second inning.
- Had 15 multi-hit games for the Rams, including three games where he recorded three hits, a career-high.
- Drove in two runs against UNCW at March 10 with a double, cutting the Rams defict to 3-2.
- Reached base in 43 of the 53 games he played as a freshman, including a streak of 15 games in a row from March 16-30.
- His 36 runs scored were the second most on the team.
- Named Atlantic 10 Rookie of the week for the week of Feb. 25.
PRIOR TO VCU
- Played three sports (baseball, soccer, and ice hockey) at the Pennington School in Princeton, N.J.
- Named to the Preseason Under Armour All-America team prior to his senior season
- Picked up Prep Player of the Year following his junior season
- Garnered First Team All-State and All-Prep after his junior and senior season
- Set single-season records at the Pennington School for triples (8) and total bases (72).
- Holds the career records for triples (12)
- Was team captain and MVP during his junior and senior seasons
- Son of Harry and Jackie Bunn
- Born on March 30, 1994
- Studying Business at VCU