To nominate someone for the VCU Athletics Hall of Fame, click HERE.
The Virginia Commonwealth University Athletics Hall of Fame was established in 1989 to honor those individuals who have distinguished themselves in the field of intercollegiate athletics.
The University has produced some of the most outstanding athletes in the commonwealth of Virginia and the nation. In addition, there have been special supporters of VCU Athletics who have made significant contributions, demonstrated sustained support and displayed a lifelong commitment to the program. This Hall of Fame highlights the careers of individuals who have advanced the ideals of, or has made significant contributions to, VCU Athletics.
To qualify for the VCU Athletics Hall of Fame, an athlete, coach, administrator or other individual must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be of good character and exemplify the citizenship of persons representing the interests of Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Athletes most have earned at least two letters at VCU. The athlete also must be five years removed from the expiration of his or her collegiate eligibility. Athletes must receive a degree from VCU to be eligible for induction.
- A coach or administrator must have served on the University’s athletic staff for at least four years. The coach or athletic administrator must depart their position within the VCU Department of Athletics prior to consideration for the Hall of Fame.
- An athletic department supporter must have demonstrated sustained service and made outstanding contributions to the overall VCU Athletics program. The level of support is not measured strictly in monetary terms, but based upon enthusiasm and devotion to the program.
- The individual must be so outstanding that there is not question as to his or her qualifying for such an honor. Therefore, all candidates must win approval from a minimum of 80 percent of the Hall of Fame committee present at the selection meeting to win induction.
|Gerald Henderson||Men's Basketball||1989|
|A. Kemp Rowe||Athletic Booster/Benefactor||1989|
|Inge Schuurmans||Cross Country||1989|
|Charles & Rhoda Thalhimer||Benefactors||1990|
|Dr. Virgil R. May||Orthopaedic Surgeon||1990|
|Becky Crow West||Basketball||1990|
|Celly Chamberlain||Field Hockey||1993|
|Lorenza "Ren" Watson||Basketball||1993|
|Dr. Edmund Ackell||Basketball||1994|
|Theresa Williams-Harvey||Basketball/Field Hockey||1996|
|JD Barnett||Basketball Coach||1996|
|Anna (Pavlikhina) Fitzgerald||Basketball||2000|
|Jack Bell||Golf Coach||2003|
|Donna Pegram||Track & Field||2004|
|Maria-Elena Calle||Track & Field/Cross Country||2005|
|Terry Sisisky||Voice of the Rams||2009|
|Wendy Wadsworth||Field Hockey/Tennis/Volleyball||2009|
|Dr. Thomas Loughran||Team Physician||2011|
|Marni Voorhees||Field Hockey||2011|