The goal of the VCU Athletic Equipment Manager Organization is to introduce the student to intercollegiate athletic administration and coaching through athletic-related activities and actual work experiences with a sport team and the VCU Equipment Room.
This program will help prepare the next group of athletic administrators and coaches.
- Have the opportunity to be assigned to one of VCU varsity athletic sports and earn a stipend (on a semester basis)
- Assist with workouts and practice
- Assist with home games
- Administrative duties
- Gain vast knowledge/ references within the VCU Athletic Department Staff and Coaches
- Understand day-to-day operations of a Division 1 varsity team sport team
- Attend weekly meetings about Equipment Management and other related NCAA news
- Attend tours of other NCAA equipment rooms
The VCU Athletic Equipment Manager Organization is offered to students interested in sports administration, intercollegiate athletics, or coaching.
This organization offers the opportunity to network throughout the intercollegiate field.
VARSITY SPORTS THAT OFFER AN OPPORTUNITY TO WORK
- Basketball (M&W)
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Soccer (M&W)
- Tennis (M&W)
- Track & Field